Re: Moderation
NBN,
I do not necessarily agree with "indiviudal freedoms which it doesnt" but I may not have understood your point of view, so I am compelled to ask: Wat is it that you define as 'moderate' Islam. I am curious... please be as clear a you can (PM if needed)
Seminole... But thats the whole point...the western defnintion of someone who is extreme is actually a Muslim who practices his faith preoperly and has his beleifs in check...so its extreme to believe that the rule of God is superior to that of man...it is extreme to take the word of god over enlightened reason and fact...
The West defines what Islam is to Muslims...they want a secular Islam which believes in values of democracy which Islam doesnt. indiviudal freedoms which it doesnt and the soverignty of man over God which it doesnt...
Once you fit that Western defintion of Islam you are a moderate Muslim and therefore a 'good' Muslim whilst the actual good Muslims are seen as extreme cos they take their Islam from Allah not from the West...
Mara... When moderate Muslims are discussed they discuss the above...
VedicIntellect... You are correct...depending on the standpoint you take your opinion will reflect that...you believe in secularism and the western definition of Islam so you are more akin to seeing moderate as a good term whilst for myself its as negative as can be cos it is a complete mockery and compromise of the Islamic faith...