Fighting for good against evil is something we all believe in. This has nothing to do with superiority concept or self love. An example of evil is say genocide. A righteous fight would be to defend innocent victims of genocide. This can be applied to fighting against Nazis to protect Jews, protecting women from assault. A specific example that comes to mind is the slaughter of several muslims in Gujarat a few years ago.
A righteous fight for Dharma, by my understanding, would have been to protect the innocent civilians from slaughter. Surely you would agree that that is a righteous cause. Concept of superiority simply does not come in. And yes, fighting to protect the rights of innocent civilians, by my book, is equivalent to be on the right side of the fence. Sometimes right things are obvious, and not defending innocents would be relinquishing one’s duty. at least, that is my interpretation of the teachings.
In that case, a Hindu, fighting to protect innocent muslims from being slaughtered, would have been upholding Dharma. To the extent that this did not happen, Gita’s teachings were not followed. The Kshatriyas, by the teachings of Gita, did not do their duty.
Superioroty is the word I used because of Nisha. I did say muslims do not feel superior to others. so I think I should have places " " on that word when I used it.
Rest of the discussion is very long and I really did not want to touch that here. I disagree with you with due respect however. You have taken things a little too far. Rest assured, some other time.
superior is the word used in those countless quranic verses with regards to islam right? that’s why i said they ooze arrogance and to that you said allllllllllll religions speak in a similar way which is something you shouldn’t do if you know absolutely nothing about other religions and are ignorant on them. that’s what i was trying to convey
and with regards to all those personal rules we have for ourselves, they are as a result of common sense and a regard for humanity. I don’t need a religion telling me I should treat others the way i want to be treated or moderation is key. even atheists know that. why does a holy book need to take credit for that?
that goes back to whether one believes that God introduced the concept of religion doesn’t it. why does God need to be connected with the concept of religion, something that divides humankind. i personally don’t believe there needs to be a connection.
Without a God, what would be the axis of your faith? Yourself? In an atom, the electron goes around the proton, the universe going around in circles, Muslims going around the Kaaba during Hajj. Anything you do has a center. The atheist says he is the center, the believer says God is the center. If God is the center, then you can admit everything is from Him and goes back to Him, as an atheist, everything comes from you and goes back to you.. Sheer comparison between a wise man saying this and an ignorant man saying that.
And divisions are bound to happen, people are not perfect that they can find the true religion right away, they need help and guidance lol. Not just in religion either. Hell, people can be divided by their favorite TV shows lol.
Now that’s how you end a discussion. I love you <3, Jeo bhai.
OK. You have said that and I have given you a response. If you like we can keep going on same sub-issue and get no where. OR you answer what I asked earlier.
What role God plays in someone’s life like you who deny religion?
(I asked same question earlier in the form of example of a pin on your collar)
P.S. The idea is not to make fun of those who deny religion or force anyone to be convinced to accept Islam. It is a free world. However, defending the claims against those who believe in religion will require some proactive questions to make others think in different ways.
i like your question and yes it does make us think above and beyond what we’re used to. Why do i need a reason to feel a massive amount of love for God? I’ve interacted with atheists a lot too and as logical and practical as they might be I can’t get myself to totally disbelieve in a God like them.
if i’m in a life or death type of intensely scary situation where i’m facing death and see that all logical ways of trying to get out of the situation are exhausted, I know for a fact that I would personally pray my hardest to God in my last attempt to get myself out. I just need to believe in a God.
Let’s say God made us … what now? Well you agree that it is a big favour on us that we can feel pleasure and happiness and joy, so we need to love Him right? How do we express that love? After we express that love how do we know that it is right way of doing it?
Now that you have answered these questions … in you own mind …
Surely the following is what a religion is:
a) Belief in God
b) The importance to love God
c) The method of showing that love of God
In affect you have designed your own religion.
If you tell us that we can worship God any way we like then what if we say that we want to worship God 5 times a day in the manner presricbed to us by prophet Muhammad (SAW). That is the way we like … then according to your definition we are part of your ‘religion’, you should accept us. You should also find it easy to accept Christian, Hindu and Sikh or Buddhist alike. However, there should be no requirement from you to expect a Muslim to accept a Sikh or vice-versa, Hindu a Christian, etc. By putting your expectation on us then you are effectively not accepting us the “way we want to be”.
By putting your expectation on the Qur’an then you are not accepting the Book as Holy Scripture and hence are effectively not accepting Islam. By saying on one hand we can worship God how we like and on the other hand disallow the scripture where one of the religions has come from then you are contradicting yourself.
You either accept the Qur’an and say we can all worship how we like, or reject the Qur’an and say we must all worship a given way as prescribed by you, which may be any way other than what Islam says … which sounds quite unfair for Islam doesn’t it?
typical stupid blaming always others. there is a difference between stupidity and ignorance. ignorance can be fixed, stupidity is incurable. stupid is as stupid does, be it muslim, christian, jew, buddhist, atheist or agnostic.