Why should we have any clause at all that pertains to any religion? Like I was discussing with Khoji earlier, the 2nd amendment is a clear violation of the principles of which Pakistan was founded.
Besides this, the 2nd amendment does little but to sanction discrimination. There is no point to the law.
I mean why do we need the govt to declare anyone non Muslim? If the our esteemed Ulema have already made such a distinction, why then is the govts stamp needed? The govt is supposed to make sure we have education, basic infrastructure. They can barely keep street lights functioning, and now we look to them for the sake off religious affirmation?!?!
And the reason I believe they raised the issue now is because its times like these that people are reminded of their 2nd class status in society. Its understandable that after this huge attack, they should want to have their status changed, even if its only a cosmetic issue.