A lot of people say that I am a posh Arab or half caste.
They think that one of my parents might be Arab.My parents were born in pakistan.I was born in uk and lived in pk for 2years thats why i am fluent in urdu and punjabi.It all helped me to improve my knowledge about pakistani culture and lifestyle.
Rest, I love calling myself a Pakistani.
Not all mate.. please do not generalise. I too have witnessed alot of UK Pakistanis that think it only suits them when Pakistan has done something right. However, soon as Pakistan pops up negatively in the media.. they are like “we arent Pakistani.. we were born here! Were British/American etc” lool
But I agree about the comment about roots.. you maybe British/American/Canadian whatever but your ethinicity is what makes and give you values/heritage. Not saying you should not support the country you are brought up in.. that you should def do. But you shouldnt bad mouth the country where your ancestors once lived.
Well if ur roots are from pakistan than ur roots must be pakistani not u
coz u have never been to pakistani …never faced anything there …dont know the culture and other things and what makes u pakistani
if u think about it, roots don’t really play much of a role** if **we don’t want them to… For example, shahrukh khan’s family is from peshawar… The Kapoor family has its roots in Pakistan too… But they consider themselves indians … In the same way, I’m sure millions of Pakistanis have their roots in India but they consider themselves Pakistanis… I guess people don’t think so far back and stick to the origin of their parents and grandparents … not the great great great grandparents… am I making sense? :S
i know someone who kept pakistani passports and left their indian .
so now in a family a sister is pakistani and rest of her brothers are indian.cool family .no?
Just thinking and calling yourself dont make you to be a national of a land. If someone visit Heaven one day and then he or she feel like its the best place. He or she cant call himself Heavanian unless he or she do perform some good things to prove himself or herself to be one from those who will achieve Heaven. Same like if one want to call oneself Pakistani or any nation what good he or she is going regarding the progress of Pakistan..?
What if you do visit Pakistan once or twice a year for over 25 years. Lived there for a couple of years. Experienced the so called culture and mingled with everyone from the poor to the rich?
No what I meant was going to Pakistan for a few months every year.. as long as you can remember! Of course if you go once in 25 years .. ur no way of a true Pakistani
Here’s a question (farz karo lol) you lived your life in Pakistan till your 21 then moved to USA/UK/Canada and got a British nationality and spent the remainder of you life in the USA/UK/Canada? What would you call them?