Re: Are you bored by Islam?
To be honest , I strongly believe that Islam is lacking role models … Growing a beard or wearing nakab do not make one a muslim , however we need highly educated , well presented individuals like Dr Zakir Naik and Dr Bilal Philips … who inspire the younger generation and us to listen to the religion , understand it and know how we can make our lives better ..
When I switch on Islam TV , I get so bored , the only thing I see is molvi giving islamic knowledge .. but he himself looks so bored , has orange beard and orange hair … and only telling us that we will go to hell
…
and then I quickly switch on to Peace TV and that really makes my day .. we need more channels like them .. more role models that fit the modern times … 
and one more thing , I so very much dislike those religious elements that start telling people that they will go to hell , the minute someone accepts they skipped a prayer
.. I think that only puts that person off further from the religion ..
I remember this family doctor I went to in Pakistan , my aunt told him ,pointing at me , she doesnt pray frequently
… he just smiled … later while doing the check up he said :
Him: beta how long are you in pakistan for …?
Me: for 6 weeks Doc
him: you must have brought alot of luggage with you?
Me: yeah tonns .. coz i needed it so much
Him: ager nai latay bi tou?
I understood at that point what he meant .. he just gave me the strongest realization that for a simple journey we take so much stuff with us , but for the akhirat , we dont do any preps … ( namaz etc )
If he had told me i would go to hell , it would have been least effective , but the way he put his point to me , mashallah it made tonns of difference in my life 