Long engagements are soo hard!! At first when we got engaged, because I still had a little bit of school left, and just the fact of even getting engaged and married was still sinking into my head, as well as my family’s, my fiance and I decided, two years would be the perfect time to have the final wedding. We decided to have our Nikah last Oct and then wanted to get married in 2011. …That changed urgently as the months from the nikah engagement stretched…then the nikah happened and I realized there is no way I can wait another 2 years to marry him, especially since he in the states and I am in Canada! …so I told my parents that we wanted to do it in the summer and now we are getting married in July of this year iA.
I totally understand the waiting period can get tough!! Just stick it out together and iA the wedding will come fast. I havn’t read the other posts, so maybe you said it in there but why did you and your family decide to have a long engagement?