There may be a million Interpretations…but I dnt think that they have changed the Quran…where as the Bible, there is one for each sect!!!
I was a bit surprised to learn that Islam had so many sects…which i learned only recently. I did not even know there were Shias and Sunnis till Afghanistan and Iraq came up on the news a lot…which is approximately the same time I became interested in Islam!!!
I have read the translation of the Quran twice…once out of interest and once to keep myself from going over the edge. I needed someone to tell me that there is a reason for all this madness in the world and somehow I found it in Islam…I can’t explain everything here coz it is too personal.
I also feel that it was always meant to be..coz I have always had Muslim friends…and I always respected their culture more than anyone elses…I remember when I was around 12yrs my best friend in school is Muslim…she was fasting..and kids would always make fun of her…or put food in front of her and laugh…it use to make me furious…and I would fight with those kids to leave her alone. And when ever she would feel that she could not go on with it that day coz she was soooo thirsty..she would take the water bottle and try to drink…but I would not let her…I would encourage her and tell her that it was just a few more hours..and that she could do it.
So I guess I have taken them and everything after that as signs pointing me towards Islam ![]()