samb
July 25, 2010, 8:13pm
33
No doubt these guys have been victims of the selection/PCB blunders. I mean, Fawad Alam tagged along for so long with the senior team without getting much chances. Luck was on the side of Umar Amin and Azhar Ali and they get drafted into the playing 11 on their first senior tour. For Fawad and Khalid Latif (Karachi) that wasn’t the case but the selectors kept them in the squad, they never got much chances to perform in test cricket. They are also unluckly. Look at some people from the not too distant past. Navid Latif, Shahdab Kabir, etc not given enough chances to perform.
Mohammad Sami given enough chances really. I think Khurram Mansoor should have been persisted with. At least, he is better than Farhat. Though Farhat seems to be getting better. Lets see.
after using Sami’s example, I’m not sure how anyone can claim that Karachi’s players are discriminated against. except for the last 2-3 test he played, pretty much every game he played was because of charity.