Try-n-buy?

No matter what flavour one looks at, arranged marriage process has never been and will never prove an emotional attachment before either engagement or marriage itself.

The ample time you had was fine and dandy but I am sure neither you nor the other person had developed any chance o0f emotional attachment. Hence no room for being emotionally hurt.

If you had ample time to spend even before engagement that was falling in to bounds of ‘dating’ then that is not true arranged rishta. I would call it “facilitated dating”. You are sooo lucky. :smiley:

The main difference in arranged marriage or rishta is to protect people from being hurt unnecessarily from being emotionally involved unless other things are sorted out.

Well, that is exactly what I mentioned. Chance of misleading is much less in arranged rishta scenario compared to two individulas meeting and presenting them as objects to try.

There is not more misleading in arranged rishta than dating.

In dating one try to present himself or herself in the best form or shape since that person knows that ONLY one person is to be fooled.

I never said emotional attachement can only develop in dating scenario.

Sick people develop emotional attachment to people (movie stars, singers and sport players) they see on TV. Ever saw the movie “The Fan” starring Robert De Niro?

What is wrong in admitting dating involves something not necessarily about people meeting for the purpose of marrying? It involves something more than that.

Obviously it is not about ‘casual encounter’ which I thought was good not to include.

This is the same position you confirmed above. :slight_smile:

So what did you not agree with the statement. Please explain. It is very benign statement and very truthful.

“Dating does not even mean meeting for marrying nor it means meeting for mating!”

Humm..

Then still it is not dating per se. Like anyone can guess. Attachment at work area or school can develop but for it to be called dating, two need to meet periodically for a period of time exclusively to be called dating each other.

Uni canteen encounters hardly can be defined dating. Unless someone is dreaming of other at night to be ‘dating’.

That part is absolutely I agree. Deliberately hurting and using someone is wrong and this probably the third time if not more I say it in this thread.

Yes. Dating for long time is also included by the way even though it still remains non-committal and not the same as engaged or “To-Be-Married”.

Bahi X2. That is poetry. So many non-desi poetry is also full of lovey dovey stuff for fun and head banging.

You and I both know that is not real and is just for fun.

Read Meer Dard poetry or Meer Taqi Meer. They wrote great stuff to be read again and again for entertainment and touching the depth of hearts of people. No reality. It is just a way to show very high level of intellect and intelligence by imagining or creating something which is not even real.

Besides this kind of stuff does not need a real person. People who write this kind of material do not need a real person or may never have fallen in to love with real person.

Even you and I can write rotay dhotay shayr for an imaginary bewafa girl..:smiley: