Nina85
September 9, 2010, 1:18am
53
Re: Talking to sons abt periods
Am I the only one here who actually had a conversation with her younger brother when he was 12? Me being 14 at that time. My mom was furious at me. No doubt about that though. It made it for easier for her & for the other sisters to follow.
There is nothing wrong. Guys are supposed to know why we aren’t fasting or praying. For most girls/women it does not only come down to not fasting or praying. I know girls are are too sick to even eat or drink anything their first two days & then I know older brothers who have yelled at their sisters at the top of their lungs for not going to Quran class. Ignorant as they were being 21 years old. Its the mother’s fault & sisters too I think. Its something that should come across naturally & shouldn’t be felt awkward.
It makes everyone’s lives easier that way. Men should know what girls go through so they can be more understanding towards their wives when they get married or even colleagues for that matter.
Agreed. I actually had the talk with my 13 years old cousin recently. My aunt was too shy to have the talk with him. I dont get it…its a part of women’s biology. its the reason they can have kids. what’s to hide??