Switching back from Iphone

Is it a taboo? I kind of miss my Blackberry. Iphone feels like a Princess’s pony in front of the workhorse form and feature of Blackberry.

  • On screen virtual keyboard of Iphone can never replace a real blackberry like keyboard. Its so ard for me to type anything more than a sentence using Iphone’s keyboard.

  • Syncing and operating email accounts from Iphone is not as powerful as in blackberry. For one thing, you cant delete or ‘mark email read’ in batch format.

  • Iphone is too bulky and too heavy as compared to Blackberry. You almost all the times need two hands if you are doing anything but calling someone using your iphone. When using blackberry, I was able to type SMS and small emails using one hand only (holding the phone in my palm and using my thumb to type), you cant do that in Iphone.

  • Iphone seems to be a battery hog. I need to keep it plugged in for most of the times. Blackberry was good to go for at least 24 hours once you fully charge it.

Off course when it comes to playing videos, games, listening to music, taking pictures or surfing the web, Iphone is much better.

What is your take on this?

Re: Switching back from Iphone

I wish you had consulted with me before spending all that $$ on the iPhone. I would have put it to better use :barbie:

Waisey, why don’t you keep iPhones for vacations and Blackberry for regular office days.

Re: Switching back from Iphone

Yes, maybe I should do that :hmmm:

Re: Switching back from Iphone

Palm Pre try kar lo :chai:

Re: Switching back from Iphone

^ how much is it on craigslist ? :smiley:

Re: Switching back from Iphone

mujhe de dho.

Re: Switching back from Iphone

I miss my Nokia 1100 =(

Re: Switching back from Iphone

I love the berry, but there’s a few complains I wish RIM would work on…

The browser sucks! Seriously, such a nice phone with such a crappy browser!!! Some of the apps could be better, like for instance the fb app sucks too…

Apart from that, the Bold 9700 is an awesome phone! From what your needs are TLK, seems like the Bberry is more suited to you.

Re: Switching back from Iphone

I agree, browser sucks but yes, I am not too much of a web-surfing-using-that-tiny-screen kind of person anyways. Maybe I should switch back to BB, though one thing that BB is bad at is not enough built in memory (mine is older Curve 8320) and if I dont clear my emails in 2-3 weeks, the phone slows down waits and waits before let me do anything (like switch applications).

Re: Switching back from Iphone

HTC desire all the way!

Re: Switching back from Iphone

TLK that was a known problem in the old ones, the hourglass rotating right? get the 9700 and thank me later! :smiley:

Re: Switching back from Iphone

Yes, the hour glass rotating .. man that is annoying .. Sure Spock, I will go for 9700. Thanks man.

Re: Switching back from Iphone

My bhai did that in 1 day na :smiley: he switched from BlackBerry to Iphone and next day he came to me saying how the hell you are suppose to work on this thing :frusty2:, it’s just a useless piece of crap lolz, just bells and whistles and no functionality. So he’s back on his BB

p.s. needless so say I got his Iphone 4 :balley: but no issues with me, I hv been using Iphone for past 4 years so can’t live with out the apps now :snooty:

Re: Switching back from Iphone

HTC Diamond :wub:

Re: Switching back from Iphone

My dad got the iPhone 3 times and kept on switching back to his Bold 9700. Blackberry is awesome. He uses Macbook Pro and the BB syncing with that is awesome, his all task list and calendar entries are automatically synced and something else he was telling me also. Our whole family uses Blackberry devices. It’s just too awesome. I can reply to someone within the second if someone texts me. Keyboard is such a added bonus. I hate the touch thing of the iPhone and you need two thumbs or something to use it. Most of the things, you can do with one hand using the BB.

Re: Switching back from Iphone

im never like blackberry it feels like a toy.

Iphone can’t switch to another phone

Re: Switching back from Iphone

TLK, unless you wana sit idle watching videos or watching pictures of baal-bachey, BB is the way to go when it comes to choose b/w IP and BB. BB is way too functional for business use than IP.

Another phone that I am itching to get my hands on is android phone. I have heard from people its the most efficient phone around with wonderful user experience. Do we have any good android phone with full kb available in Canada?

Re: Switching back from Iphone

Is it really Sept. 2010 now? This post seems to have floated in from Summer 2008 when the first Android phone, G1, came out. I know TLK got one of those. Anyhow to come back to the point my Nexus One can not only do everything that TLK described a BB can do but all the things that iPhones can do as well :slight_smile: so there

Re: Switching back from Iphone

Is it really Sept. 2010 now? This post seems to have floated in from Summer 2008 when the first Android phone, G1, came out. I know TLK got one of those. Anyhow to come back to the point my Nexus One can not only do everything that TLK described a BB can do but all the things that iPhones can do as well :slight_smile: so there

Re: Switching back from Iphone

Nexus one .. :hmmm: ok let me see