Re: Switching back from Iphone
TLK, they stopped selling the Nexus one. The purest of all phones Android.
I’m sure you can pick one up on ebay or craigslist tho.
Re: Switching back from Iphone
TLK, they stopped selling the Nexus one. The purest of all phones Android.
I’m sure you can pick one up on ebay or craigslist tho.
Re: Switching back from Iphone
Nexus 1 had loads of issues. It’s obsolete and basically they gave up trying to fix the signal degradation issue, which by the way was far worse than the iPhone. The phone has some design flaws, and its wifi connectivity is very choppy. It also has issues with signal degradation in areas of low 3G coverage. What’s worse is that Google not only closed its online store, they stopped providing telephone support, and asked users to pretty shove off. There is a huge class action lawsuit pending against them. They do not have plans to follow up with a 2nd version.
The Android phone to watch out for now is the Tmobile G2, the sequel to the G1. I ordered mine yesterday, let’s see how it goes. I was previously disapointed with both the G1 and the Nexus 1 despite high hopes.
Re: Switching back from Iphone
Must have been some bad batches. I’ve personally used 2 diff Nexus One handsets and know atleast another half dozen people have seen none of those issues.
But you’re right about the G2, its got some awesome specs. I wonder whether to go with that next or wait for the Windows Phone 7.
Re: Switching back from Iphone
^ TB, they fixed the 3G issue on the Tmobile version of the phone, but not the ATT version, which led people to speculate that it might have been some hardware issue. My phone worked fine with 3G, maybe the signal strength was pretty good but it did have issues with the Wifi connectivity, which I saw both at my house and my athletic center. It was very annoying at times listening to Pandora while running and getting the signal to drop repeatedly.
The G2 looks really promising. If you’re on Tmobile, you can get it now. The highlight of this phone is the seamless Google Voice integration, along with Tmobile’s hspa+ speeds in some cities (you’re in NY, so you should be good :D). I don’t know why Tmobile’s not advertising this like how ATT advertises the BB Torch or iPhone4, or how verizon promoted the Moto Droids.
Re: Switching back from Iphone
I got my first Nexus One the first or second week after it came out. I use wifi at atleast 15-20 diff client sites, never a problem. But yeah, I’m in NY and on Tmo. Pandora dying does happen and its sickening if I’m on my motorbike.
Even though G2 looks good but its got this hardware keyboard which adds bulk. What did u mean about the seemless integration of Google Voice? Its pretty seemless in N1 too, no?
Also, the WinPhone7 is coming soon. I may be able to afford phones but not every 2 mths. $500/pop adds up. ![]()
Re: Switching back from Iphone
I got my first Nexus One the first or second week after it came out. I use wifi at atleast 15-20 diff client sites, never a problem. But yeah, I’m in NY and on Tmo. Pandora dying does happen and its sickening if I’m on my motorbike.
Even though G2 looks good but its got this hardware keyboard which adds bulk. What did u mean about the seemless integration of Google Voice? Its pretty seemless in N1 too, no?
Also, the WinPhone7 is coming soon. I may be able to afford phones but not every 2 mths. $500/pop adds up. ![]()
Re: Switching back from Iphone
^ The keyboard bulk is a necessary feature for some, i.e. the ones that cant go with a touch screen keyboard… If you dont like that, the Samsung Galaxy S (android) would also be a good choice, pretty sleek phone with a very nice display. I’ll look into the Win phone too.
Re: Switching back from Iphone
Re: Switching back from Iphone
Re: Switching back from Iphone
Re: Switching back from Iphone
Re: Switching back from Iphone
Re: Switching back from Iphone
Re: Switching back from Iphone
i have been using iphone since it came out and it is time for a change(to put it lightly). i currently have iphone 3g.
i like the droid x but i am not sure if i want to switch to cdma.
so far samsung captivate seems to be a good option..my wife likes the bb torch which looks good too…
Re: Switching back from Iphone
I dont have any of that crap,its main purpose i think is to keep track of people!!
I dont own a cell phone @ all…