Son not talking at 2 yr

Re: Son not talking at 2 yr

Hi Mama

Thank you very much for your input, appreciate it. So today I took my boy to see the specialist at harbor regional center (Los Angeles). I told them the reason I bring him for this test is because of you. Your reply make me think more abt this late talking.

Before they start the test I mention to them that we spoke three languages at home. Bahasa, English and Cantonese. I think my son got confuse with three languages. My BIL also teach her daughter three language and she start talking (complete sentences at the age of 4). I told them I’m not worry abt my son speech delay. At this time, he went to music and dance class two times a week. Soccer class once a weeks. Soon (this week) he going to start his preschool.

They run a few test. Most of the test seems too easy for my boy. Shapes, walk on the straight line, pictures/photo albums etc. When they called his name he will look at them. When they asked him to wave, he wave. He also say few words in front of them. The test took abt one hour. That make my son get bored. He wanted to play with the toys but the specialist want him to do something else. Hihihihi.

Anyway, they said they will call me in two weeks time.

I’m so happy that my boy past the test – now I can have a good sleep at night :slight_smile: