Shoaib Monsoors secret film

I kind of understood where you were coming from… Karachi did have a reputation for doing more sophisticated stuff… more high brow type of stuff… cream of the crop actors, directors, etc.

but dude, Waris was dull and dreary? come on! it’s one of the best plays PTV ever made. Chauhdry Hashmat might be the single greatest Pakistani character ever created. even though Tanhaayian will always be my ultimate favorite. I think Tanhaayian is the closest a play came to perfection. it is almost perfect. and you don’t even want to get me started on how much I love Shehnaz.

but Waris was also a magnificent play… and if you’re going to criticize Lahore for something, man Waris is not the play to pick on! you won’t be able to win the Lahore vs Karachi argument by dissing Waris.

and heck, I’d say Waris was even better than Dhoop Kinaray. Dhoop Kinaray was a very good play but I’ve never understood why ppl rate it so highly. I’d rate other Sahira Kazmi plays like Hawwa Ki Beti, Tapish over Dhoop Kinaray… this despite that I adore Marina, Badar Khalil, Sajid Hasan, etc.