Re: Religious extremists in 3 faiths share views:
We have different interprations of depth and breadth. You look to religion for an instruction book for every day living. I look at it as a spiritual guide. I happen to think spirituality has more depth than detailed daily life instructions that are supposed to apply to me as equally as to someone from a different continent from a different time in history.
I don't need instructions on 'real life'. Treat others as you expect to be treated about sums it up. It's the instructions on the spiritual life I seek.
Not really, religion is not a users guide or manual. Its a set of principles and practices which you have to figure out how to incorporate into your daily life. Its how you make your living relate to spiritual upbringing. And yes it applies irrespective of time and place.
This is something that is peripheral for me i.e. treatment. I view it as what Allah SWT requires of me in exchange for granting me my very existence. First things first, Allah SWT comes first then people. I do not care how people view me if I know my relationship with Allah SWT is straight.