Re: Rajputs II
[quote="nstar777, post:77, topic:161423"]
nstar777 auntijee, I am not saying India is a perfect nation, for that matter no nation is perfect, but we can work towards making a nation perfect, and if you ask me or the rest of the world I'd or they would say that we Indians are on the right track. I am not asking you to follow us, you have your own minds and please pursue your priorities in making your world a better place to live for yourself and your neigbours. I also agree that India has its share of social, religious and cultural problems and you ppl along with the rest of the world can see that a we are getting better day by day in addressing these issues. Babri masjid and Gujrat issues were history, now everybody in India is busy making money and don't have time for all that nonsense. Recently, there was a bomb blast in one of the holiest temples in Banaras. Guess what happened, the next day.....BTW, Banaras is 40% populated with muslims and the rest hindus..............Well, the next day muslims marched with candles with their hands with the hindus funeral processions, and ppl went back to their normal lives the next day. This would have never happened if the blast would have to occur 10 years ago. Let me put it this way, if ppl have idle time in their hands, there will be riots and other anti-social activities, but if they are busy making money, nobody cares......So, my Paki friends, I am just saying that Indians are more patriotic then religious...........I can't say the same for Pakistan though, and there might be nothing wrong or right of being that way..................But you all will have to agree with me that Education, progress and modernization of a nation makes its ppl less religious.
I guess you just dont get it. This so called materialistic moderniazation, progress and education is nothing if you have lost your religion. We respect and love our religion a lot and we are not willing to sell our religion as you are for this material progress. For us patriotic means being religious because thats what our religion teaches us vs some religion which teaches class superiority system and then expects same level of patriotism from everyone. If India was more patriotic than religious, then how come BJP and the likes of Bal Thakrey command more attention than your so called secular Congress party.