peace psyah,
What I’m going to say is not “personal judgement”, but purely a comment on the use of “legacy”.
So hear me out. OK?
**
Do you know what Amr ibn Hishām used to tell Mohammed pbuh?
— He would say,I love you, and I care for you. You are my family, my tribe, My nephew.
my dear nephew! Why are you bent upon proving that our “legacy” is bad. Do you think our fathers, and forefathers, and fore-fore-fathers were idiots?
Please respect them, they have been been the caretaker of the Allah’s house for centuries upon centuries.
Do you think they were all wrong?
He would say O Mohammad pbuh —
----- Please stop spreading this message of yours, that no man made interpretation should be accepted.
-----Don’t tell us that we the Quraish should be in direct conneciton with Allah swt.
----- Respect the legacy of our family, our tribe etc.
**
Psyah,
do you know that Amr ibn Hishām became rigid, and said, I don’t care what you say Mohammed pbuh, I’ll continue following my legacy, my teachers, my teacher’s teachers, all the way upto Ibrahim pbuh.
And precisely due to his staunch opposition to adapt and change, Amr ibn Hishām was known as?
you known his given name? Don’t you?