People who hate Desis the most are....

Re: People who hate Desis the most are…

Well mannered does not = white wannabe. Not all White people are well mannered and not all Ethnics/Pakis are bad mannered.

White wannabe’s are those that have an inferioirty complex, criticise and look down on all things Desi, I’ve known quite a few Desis like that, one was my uncle, an Indian girl at school, my friend who thought he was American because he was born there and talked with a CNN accent, and a Mirpuri ex, Gosh they did my bloody noggen in.

I think there needs to be a balance, integrate yourself in the society you live in and consider yourself a part of it but also be proud of your roots and origins, you can either be ashamed of who you are and it wont do anything but cause people to look down on you more or you can be an ambassador for your culture/country and be proud of it so that others respect it and you… You might be American/British but you’re also a Paki and that Paki label is going to stick with us for at least 3-4 generations more even if some of us don’t want it to, one of my friends is born from a fling his mother had with a Paki taxi driver, he’s never known his dad, he can’t speak ‘Pakistanian’, he isn’t Muslim, he has an Anglo name and speaks English but when his pure White friends have had too much of him (he’s the type of person who pecks your head) they say “shut up you Paki b*****!”.

I admit Pakistanis are not perfect but we don’t need to broadcast that to the world, jo ham mein khaamiyaan hain woh hamen khud sudhaarni hon gi, ghairon ko bataney ka kya faaeda? We don’t need to dishonour our country infront of outsiders. When something is advertised in commercials they don’t show the negatives (they’ll show how good a blender is but not that it’ll go flat the next day), Indians’ll show their fancy Islamic Mughal architecture but not the Hindu Brahmin caste system in their holiday brochures… We are Pakistan’s ambassadors, we have to create a postive image of it regardless of the cons, they’re for us to cover and resolve ourselves..

Let’s face it being a Paki/Desi is in your genes, that’s not going to change no matter how you try to act, we’ve got the best culture in the world so why not enjoy it? Be proud of who you are so that others will envy you and be in awe of your culture instead of criticisng your identity and increasing peoples disdain for it and for yourself because you’ll always be a Paki.

I tell you another thing which pees me off is when Pakis claim to be of Arab or Persian origin instead of just being proud of who they are (Pakistani), that gets right on my breasticles… If anyone says to me “you’re English you” I turn around and tell them “F off, I’m a Paki through and through” I’ve had people say to me “you’re well good looking you for an ethnic (asian)” but it doesn’t flatter me, I tell them “all Pakis are goodlooking”.

Don’t get me wrong I equally hate Pakis who have no manners (Paki women pushing in at Tescos and Paki men not letting ladies on the bus first :mad: ) and those that are not well groomed (by all means wear Shalwar Kameez but iron it and don’t wear sneakers with it) and that sort of thing is quite common amongst the type of Pakis you get down in town. I also hate those Pakis of my generation who think everyone besides them is a piece of siht, for example I was with one guy chilling in town and this white guy approached us said “hiya” and sat down at our table, well this Paki I were with just says “p**** y**** da gora, they’re paleet (napak) innit, chal etho chaliyey”, I didn’t say anything but I was angry and ashamed, F’ing paleet!? It’s not like you’re in the most Kosher of area in Manchester mate… I felt so sorrryyy for that poor gora, Paki mate just made me want to puke my guts out, that’s the attitude which gives us all a bad name, it was well out of order because I know how it feels, I’m dead sensitive and I don’t like stuff like that happening to me, it really gets to me so I can imagine they’d feel the same way when it’s vice versa…