Nikkah in masjid or on stage?

That sounds amazing!!! It’s like a nice mix of both. You are still doing it there in the masjid, but you have plenty of your loved ones to witness the marriage happen! This is an awesome idea! I believe you live in the GTA..which masjid did you do this at? I didn’t even know you could do events like this at the masjid!!

And I totally agree that it is good for kids to see. I was at an engagement and my little cousin asked me “when are they going to kiss”? It was sooo cute and sad at the same time, because in gora weddings on TV, you see this heartwarming moment when the couple make their vows and kiss and are officially married, whereas for ours, the couple just sit on stage and everyone looks at them. It’s good for the kids to see the nikkah side of the union!

I also agree that regardless, the bride and groom should be sitting together during this moment. I don’t understand how they leave the bride in some room in the corner during the nikkah!