Re: Naeem Bokharis letter..all lies?
dad's second cousin. a very kind and humble man, very fond of kids and referred to them as our future. I grew up looking up to him, and actually helped him with the hamdard uni plans.
to me, he was what we need more of in our society..
I was a fan of Hakeem Mohammad Saeed since I was a kid, as I was an avid reader of Nonihal magazine for the kids. May he rest in peace.
However, I have heard lots of allegations against the Humdard group as well. One of the major one is that as Humdard group considers itself as Waqf, the amount of IT they pay is negligible. Once the government was pressurizing them to pay the tax on their income and the group threatened that if they were forced to pay tax, they will close down the Hamdard group and lay off all the employees and then the government backed off. Any comments?