Yes they did. But others who use this example to defame Islam make it worse. Because you accept the paradigm in which they define us. You will notice while others here made the obvious connection that this does not involve religion at all, you did. That is the problem.
As for fixing. My duty is not to tell the paradigm you agree with to define my life. I was in New York when the cartoons came out in Denmark and I saw first hand how the EU diplomats refused to have any discussions with any Muslim Ambassador even Turkey and Jordan on the matter. They openly stated that they have nothing to discuss with us to defuse the situation.
Since that time i do not let a bunch of white **** ups define me and my religion. Sadly that is not the case with most Muslims in the west.
My job is to inform these idiots that I do not represent my faith. I do not represent 1 billion people and if that is how the west wishes to define us, they can start with apologizing for colonialism, the genocide in Algeria and so much more. After that we talk.
Its sad to see the Uncle Tom mentality amongst the Muslim community in the West.
True said brother! Allah(SWT) and his Messenger (saw) already warned us of how Muslims will be deceived so easily… what’s worse it they’re inviting others to this thinking!!!
anyway, this guy doesn’t represent us Muslims, whatever the enemies of Islam want to say, we don’t have to conform!