Aashiq
July 6, 2010, 3:25pm
35
I’m also in Canada. I’ve been here since I was young. I also see people who come here from South Asia complain/compare different things. Among them are:
difficulty in finding halal food
Higher taxes, therefore less money to spend/save.
more formal attitude here–to see people you need to take an appointment as opposed to just dropping in at anytime as they used to do back home.
as you mentioned, the moral situation, which can include dressing, drinking and the dating culture they have here.
I can understand that they would feel that way. A lot of things they once took for granted are just not there anymore. Why do they stay? Well, that’s something you’d have to ask them.
Since I grew up here, while I saw that many things that I didn’t like are being done, it wasn’t a shock for me, though I personally avoided them.
Exactly and they never have an attachment to Canada, they will always consider themselves Pakistani not Pakistani-Canadian.
And if they hate Canada that much than Pearson International is right around the corner no one is forcing them to stay.