lol…probably! Im sure it was a fire hazard!
But to the people who say that its all about the woman, if she is good, everyone will be good…I dont think thats true. I think everyone has to make equal effort!! Because the woman can be amazing, but if her in-laws are no good, then there are going to be problems. you cant expect one person to make all the effort, and you cant blame one party for everything. Living in a joint family takes a lot of work, and everyone has to treat each other with respect. without respect, there is always going to be problems.
In my opinion, I would prefer not to live with in laws if all my husbands siblings were living there too. If it was just his parents, then it would be ok, because I understand, as their son, he has the responsibility to take care of them. I am going to be getting married next year inshAllah, and my husband is the oldest son, so I already know that one day we will be living with my in-laws, and that is ok with me, but there always needs to be respect from all sides.