Re: Laser in London
On my lower leg it was a mix but mostly coarse which is why they responded so well (as did the bikini line). Back of thighs was/is fine hairs which is why 3 treatments (even though I almost maxed out at settings) didn’t give lasting results. Front of thighs has seen virtually all the thicker hairs gone for good in 4 treatments with just the finer ones remaining - yeh, all the hair shed each time and I enjoyed many weeks of being completely hair free between treatments but the finer hairs always come back. Laser can only permanently destroy follicles with dark and coarser hairs.
I stopped at 6 underarm treatments with about 85%-90% reduction. It took a while (few months) after the 6th treatment for the remaining hairs to come through (as expected). There was no point wasting more money on a 7th Laser treatment that probably wouldn’t get rid of them permanently so I finished them with electrolysis.
**Tahiya **- Prices seem the same/a little more than my clinic. As far as I know, the Soprano gives pretty mixed results and is very dependent on how well the technician can use it. Just ensure you get complete shedding of all the hair after each treatment and that you see a definite reduction in the growth by the time your next treatments comes around.
If one is Type IV or more a good YAG machine is required like the GentleYAG or Apogee Elite. If the hairs are going to respond, one will see results very quickly and not all the hair coming back by the time the next treatment is due. And the hair should stay away once the treatments are stopped.