You are not serious, are you? So someone here said that he had to spend all the money that he’d earned from singing and all that jazz because it’s haraam and what not. Well, he established his clothing business out of the money he’d earned from singing, why did he not give his businesses away? He’s made his name out of this haraam singing business and that is why he gets to charge thousands and thousands of rupees for sherwanis and kurtas that are available in a fraction of the price at places where the owners don’t have a tag of Junaid Jamshed. Does Islam allow one to earn as much profit as one wants in the business? Please do me a favor and specify any ayaah/hadith that does say so because I’d very much like to know this one.
Anyway, as I said earlier, I’ve liked his songs since my childhood, have grown up singing DIL DIL PAKISTAN and still do listen to his songs. But what I fail to understand is the reason why, all of a sudden, those songs have been declared haraam. It’s not like he was into porn business, for heaven’s sake! I’d have totally appreciated and respected his turnabout to become a BETTER MUSLIM, had he done it the sensible and dignified way.
And I actually feel sorry for the mental state of us Pakistanis. I mean, why on the flipping earth would you “congratulate and appraise” someone because he grew a beard and started wearing turban. What does it have got to do with the essence of Islam? I always thought we are going to be questioned on our acts and deeds and not on having beard or having a turban or wearing shalwar qameez or whatever the mullahs start wearing once they embark on mullah giri. Like, you won’t be a muslim unless you WEAR what Arabs, I repeat ARABS, wear!
My role model amongst Pakistanis is Abdul Sattar Edhi sahab. He doesn’t go out encashing his beard and simple attire and doesn’t scream HEY LOOK AT ME, I AM A MUSLIM but EVERYONE knows he’s just as good a Muslim and human being as one can be. He would have more followers than JJ can ever imagine if he decides to do what JJ’s been up to.