T1000 I agree with you that you can not be certain a 100% that you wanna spend the rest of your life with someone even if you do get married. Basically if I were to do it I would become friends with a person and see how she is and if she possesses the qualities that I would like to see in my significant other. If yes then what are the chances of it working out between us and then go on from there.
It doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to date in order to know a person. Obviously people behave differently when they are just frnds and when you are dating them and they behave differently when you are married than when you are dating. So you have to think about these things.
Just like I said that I would only date if I was sure it is going somewhere other people say that too and thats the point of it that you get some idea about how a person is in a relationship and how they would act in a marriage. That is how atleast i take it. There are some people who date for the sake of it and I do not condone that in any way.