Some of those things don’t really apply to all of us tho, my dad knew pretty much from the start about my other half, even tho he wasn’t desi (or even a muslim right at the start), I think generally life can be as complicated as u make it, it’s easy to list the negatives in any situation but there are also lots of positives (eg someone u feel u’ve bonded with and can confide ur innermost thoughts with as well as the obvious emotional ‘high’ u get), also not everyone goes thru messy breakups, yes, they might feel bad for a bit but then life goes on. Me personally, I couldn’t imagine marrying someone I didn’t have a close bond with and without ‘seeing’ them it wouldn’t have been possible for me.
They might be the minority but there are couples out there not having sex (I know a girl who does everything with her other half bar the actual ‘act’) Stuff like STDs u can get from husband as well, esp nowadays when most guys in the west are prob **not **virgins when they marry and most young ppl won’t tell their ‘secrets’ or most contoversial problems to their parents anyway, they’d be more likely to go to their best friend. I don’t think love marriages/dating are necessarily better than the arranged marriage setup with no prior contact, just that everyone is different and should go down the route that they think best suits them..