Re: It really happens, Muslims are not welcome in Delhi
yazdi,
you seem intent on arguing. A separation of my posts into paragraphs for direct-direct rebuttals is usually an indication of that. So I won’t berate the point..
The fact is: that these opinions exist. They exist in the minds of not just Hindus, but of Sikhs and Christians, and people everywhere else in the world as well. If you needed any proof, just look around you.
I do not share these opinions. They are not my personal opinions. And I am against the stereotyping of an individual member of a community based on what a part, or even the majority, of his community are. I believe in evaluating each person off his own accord. But that doesn’t change the fact that there is an element of truth to them.
I live in India and as a person who has an intimate, first-hand knowledge of the daily struggles, and trials and tribulations of the people of my country, I know this to be fact: that there is simply not enough of an emphasis on education in the muslim family in India. There was even less emphasis before, but over time, as competition has gotten more intense and jobs (relatively) more scarce, the emphasis has begun to increase. This is the fact.
You think the association of black neighborhoods with crime is merely an imaginary artifact? There is statistical evidence to support it. Just as there is evidence to support the muslim-crime ratio.
Note: the deletion of this part from the Sachar Committee report, because of the political situations it would inflame. Yet, it is a story we are deeply regretful about and are trying our best to remedy .
As for the rest, you tend to sell us short way too much again. In 50-100 years, India will truly be a success story, but it is already a success story before that. We are a growing economy with a stellar rate, have lifted and will continue to lift millions out of poverty, are educating ourselves and building up our infrastructure < the Commonwealth games ridiculousness notwithstanding> and have never yet had a military takeover, with respect for the Constitution and the law being prime, continuing to be entrenched in a citizenry, that a few years ago were nothing more than a bunch of illiterate babels.