Incredibly mean husband :(

By leaving I didnt mean officially seperating or a divorce. Just a few days at a relatives house. But here are her words: We get into a lot more arguments and fights and instead of fighting and getting over it quickly as we used to, **it escalates and he becomes incredibly angry to the point of calling me horrible names, repeatedly saying the F word, cussing like crazy, and telling me he hates me and wishes we were never married. One time he told me that if it wasn’t for our child we would be divorced. **
I know stress and fatigue can make someone frustrated, angry even…but this? I am sorry, but this is abusive and IMO there is no excuse for it. I also believe the op said that she had tried to discuss it with him..and soon enough it goes back to normal.
How many times does he need to be told that it is hurtful? Also, if she decides to leave, the MIL AND FIL will notice and its an opportunity for them to get involved a bit if she wants them too. I am usually a private person, but in this situation, even I would want my PIL to know whats going on and hopefully knock some sense into their son