Reha
March 29, 2010, 11:13pm
39
I must say i’m really surprised here at the amount of people who eat kosher.
Isn’t it the same as eating non-halal meat because, essentially, it IS non-halal? I am not trying to be a know-it-all or anything but am curious to understand the reasoning behind this for my own knowledge. Those of you who do eat kosher, is it with the understanding that it’s acceptable in Islam or is it with the understanding that your’e not too bothered either way?
I have been brought up with the understanding that if halal meat is not available, you do not eat meat. My father was on a business trip in a rural area once where halal was not available. He ate french fries for lunch everyday. I guess though it depends on the sense of importance which each individual places on this issue and this is bound to differ.
What you’re talking about is zabiha …halal and zabiha are two different things.
The people that eat halal eat it with the understanding that it is permissible in Islam to eat kosher…proper kosher…not just meat that was touched by a Jew.