ajuba
March 8, 2010, 9:09pm
27
BTW, what would happen if one day you guys were out and he asked you to cover your head and you looked at his face and literally said “no”?
I went to jummah namaaz this past Friday, and every Friday after prayers there is a mini-bazaar outside. People come and sell things, and everyone socializes on the lawn. Problem is that the males dominate the bazaar area as it is near the door they exit from and these moronic women stand behind a FENCE and just stare longingly at the food, sending their requests by their sons or their brothers or husbands or dads. Meanwhile these SAME LADIES openly work with men in offices, go to school with boys, some of these girls have bf’s which I know for a fact. So why the drama?
I actually walk past the fence and right into the little bazaar without my head covered. I mean, I walk outside the masjid in normal life without a dupatta on my head in the midst of men, so why can’t I do that with a bunch of old bearded uncles standing in line to get chicken tikka?
So anyway, this one old man this past Friday came wobbling towards me motioning towards his head. He looked quite freaked out and frightened for me. I looked at him, shrugged, and said “no thank-you”. He motioned again, panicking even more. I looked at him, shook my head, and walked on.
It’s fine. If you don’t want to do something, then don’t do it. If you do it because of societal pressure, I don’t really think it counts in God’s eyes anyways.
That’s funny! i kind of agree with you but a while back i went to pick up my daighter from a religious centre after quran class and I briefly spoke to the imam about how she was getting on. I didn’t cover my head because I don’t normally and didn’t want to be a hypocrite. well the next friday sermon the imaam gave was all about purdah and my husband reckoned the imaam was looking straight at him whilst giving it!!
so now i just be a hypocrite and cover my head when I pick her up.