how hard do you need to work for marriage

Does he make you cover your hair if you are going to the grocery store or post office or something? If not - and it is ONLY when you go to someone’s house… then I think Mc12IT is right… he probably cares about what other people will think. And that is not the right reason for him to even expect you to cover your head. It should be a personal decision … not a demand that causes you stress. That is IMO. Others are free to disagree. And as PCG said…is this something you were aware of before you married him? If it isn’t - then it is even more an unfair thing and it makes complete sense that you are feeling the way you are . I would feel the same way if I post-marriage my hubby asked me to do that… because as of now, my fiance is totally fine with me not covering my head an its a complete non-issue. He has even said that he would never ask me to do that …and if I choose to later on in life.. it will be my decision alone. So obviously if he goes back on his own words… that will cause me grief and sadness.

And yea … from what I have heard … one needs to work hard for marriage. And a really important element is for the partners in life to be on the same page about stuff and be vocal about their feelings and such. If one person isnt willing to listen ..or one person isn’t willing to talk it out… then there are issues. Without these steps, then you can’t even work towards compromise.