I don’t have anything against India or Indians.
What I dislike is our identity being dwarfed by the Indian identity.
Yes we have similarities with India in terms of culture (cuisine, dress, architecture, language) but those things belong to us as equally as they belong to them, they are common to all of South-Asia so they are South-Asian not exclusively Pakistani or Indian.
Yes we share parts of our history with India but that is as much our heritage as it is theirs…
I don’t see 1947 as breaking from India, I see it as independence from the British.
For a lot of history Pakistan has been seen as seperate from India, as the Indus-Valley and Sindh (not just the presentday province Sindh but the land on either side of the River Indus/Sindh in general.
I don’t like people to see Pakistan as something which “belongs” to India, or as India’s lil brother, or a part of India which broke away… Aakhir hamari bhi koi pehchan hai.