CM: Please read again what I said: ‘May not be enough’ I did not say as a fact.
As to your point that each relationship has its unique dynamics, that is true and like I wrote in my post above this part can be discussed what should be the turn and twist in the relationship which could possibly lead to breaking the ice.
Here is what I meant.
Depending on the circumstances, the woman has to take some actions to change the dynamics if the man keeps his part as status quo.
1- Give the relation a break.
2- Look for other alternatives instead of putting all eggs in one basket. Look around but not necessarily leave the guy.
3- Stop entertaining his needs.
4- Make him want her rather yeilding to his demands.
5- Get the sense out of relationship if the man is really a commitment minded or not.
6- Prolonging the relation is not beneficial for her in many cases, rather she may lose precious time in waiting for the man to make a move. Women have shorter life of enjoying family/children time than men.
7- Also being more commitment bound, women have more to lose emotionally than men.
8- I have seen more long term relationships not culminating in marriage than being successful. Those who did get married afte a long time broke after very short time too.
9- Not making a rule but should a woman continues to be played without having any assurance?
10- It is commonly expected in many places that a man has to take charge sometime, if not, then he may not be the right man.