Girl/boy is out of control.....marry them off!

So true..

I have seen it sooooo many times in the UK involving sons especially.. rather than deal with bad behaviour (a lot of desi mums just can’t bring themselves to even tell their sons off, it’s so bizarre) they’ll just palm him off to some unsuspecting and usually naive girl from Pakistan saying ‘she’ll sort him out’ (funny considering they usually go for the meekest most subservient, innocent girl they can get their hands one)..

This is obviously an extreme situation but a friend of mine told me about a girl he knew who actually got caught in the act with her boyfriend (also Pakistani) and as punishment her parents married her off to a man old enough to be her father from ‘back home.’ I do think in situations like this the parents should at least give the option to the couple of marrying each other rather than other random people they aren’t attracted to and have nothing in common with. I know a lot of parents say no to this partly because of anger and pride but also because they don’t want their kids married to partners who are ‘loose’ - so what does that make their own sons and daughters??

(There’s also a hadith, can’t remember all the details, need to look it up, where it’s mentioned a man and woman had appeared out of breath and dishevelled after obviously having had sex - but there were no witnesses - and were then immediately married off to each other, so I’m guessing the solution of girls and boys who do want each other getting married does have some religious basis, I know it’s not ideal but surely better than all the deceit that goes on when parents ‘pass on’ their sons and daughters to unsuspecting partners who don’t know what they’re getting into).