How easy do you think it is to find God? Say you had to go out and hunt for him…do you think that He’s easily approachable? Or would you have to go through a quest of sorts or go through many trials and tribulations just to get to Him?
Feel free to answer your questions using religion or philosophy or spirituality or Modern Mechanics etc.
Its easy .. all you need is a needle .. and when you are about to use this needle .think to yourself .. that .. by just poking a needle in to your finger or arm .. blood begins to come out .. so imagine the ‘Being’ thats created you ..and think of his Wisdom as how HE managed to keep liters and liters of blood in you
but how is that finding God? I mean ok, He’s set up a system, and it’s working. But that doesn’t mean that He’s found. You’re just seeing a mark that He left
I see God in a spiritual way. I don’t call it God, but if brought to it, it makes sense that this what God could be. This concept is in no way monotheistic.
God is the peace that you find within you. God is the love that you feel for everyone around you. God is the love you feel for yourself. God is satisfaction with your life, and striving for more without really struggling. God is the feeling that you get when you accept everything just the way it is.
I find this God when I get in touch with myself, because that reminds me of my love for myself and other people. When I accept my life the way it is and feel the peace, I think I connect with God.
for me, God is not just a philosophical idea, a creation of one’s inner self. NO. God is very much real.
Now the question of finding Him. Since He is the creator, He is unique and in a way His being is latent. Finding Him is a bit different. Finding Him means getting to know Him, getting closer to Him, communicate with Him. Philosophers and other intelligent folks may reason from His creations that there should be a supreme intelligent power for all the beauty, intricacy around us but that is just a conjecture so to speak. The only ones who tell us about God and teach us how to get closer to Him are prophets/messengers of God. We recognized God through them. So the only way to find the God is to follow their footsteps.
I usually don’t get in such discussion, because I think it is a waste of time. But one interesting question:
How can you believe in God you have not even found?
so are you saying that there is no God? It’s just an impression of what used to be?
Go google!
I think all of you are saying the same thing more or less. that the physical aspect of God isn’t necessary it’s what you feel. So you try to either make that feeling stronger, or based on what you’ve been taught, try to make God feel happy so He continues to make you feel His prescense. Am I close?
Follow up, what you say what it is, is it something you’ve been taught, or is it something you’ve seen in your own experience. A miracle, a sign, etc?
No not belief. Finding him. Maybe even actual physical proof. Something tangible. It can even be a sign if need be, but not just something you’ve been taught or feel.
To those who believe him it is about believing his existence in heart and mind.
For those who do not believe him it means trying to be able to explain it in physical sense.
One can find God in (believing sense), by simply staying where one is and use available information and observations, rather than
looking around all over the world.
I don’t think that by “finding” anyone implies to go around the world looking for a person named “God”. Using available information and observations is what may be considered ‘finding God’.
The way one can find God is either by doing what one particular person* did, or by accepting his* conclusion.
The process by which we appoint anything as god then reason with why it cannot be Him. Let’s take an apple, let’s say this is God, but it falls to ground and rots and itself relies on so many things to come about, rule that out and so on. Your path may take you to considering the Sun, or another thing, but each time you’ll find something else that belittles it. Eventually you will arrive at the conclusion that the true God is unseen and cannot be anything that we can fathom, for if we fathom God, He becomes subservient to our mental apparatus.
I am led to believe that you cannot find God… If i was to hunt for God then i would simply give up the chase and lie in wait… God made me he will surely find me.
I honestly feel one has to sacrifice his/her lives in order to conquer the facility of even being blessed by his kind self
For me, I believe the strong reminders in this universe left by the Almighty clearly shows what he is capable of and thus none could ever try to find him cause he is invisible.
With due respect, I cannot pray something or someone that is physical
after all we are highly attracted to the magical powers and Hollywood effects
I tried to find Him on the Christian cross, but He
was not there; I went to the Temple of the
Hindus and to the old pagodas, but I could not
find a trace of Him anywhere.
I searched on the mountains and in the valleys
but neither in the heights nor in the depths was I
able to find Him. I went to the Ka’bah in Mecca,
but He was not there either.
I questioned the scholars and philosophers but
He was beyond their understanding.
I then looked into my heart and it was there
where He dwelled that I saw Him; He was
nowhere else to be found. ---- Rumi