I was at a get together at my friend’s house last night. A high school friend of ours was also there. She is very religious: hijabi, niqabi, husband is in Tablighi Jamaat, etc.
We were discussing children and education I believe when she spoke up about the way she raises her kids ( I guess she gets attacked a lot for it and felt like she had to defend herself).
Her children are not in school, she has 2 girls. I believe one is 5 and the other 3. She says she will not send them to school because she is scared of our Western culture. She will do whatever she can to protect her children and according to her school is a breeding ground for disasters. She is home schooling but does not really follow the program given. Her girls dont know or keep up with the schooling for their age. According to her, the first 7 years of a child’s life are for play, the next 7 are for education and I cant remember what the last 7 are good for. She plans on marrying her girls off at 14 and doesnt care if they starve as long as they have Deeni Talim.
Thoughts?
ufffff this is soooo bad. Really like so many other said, why is she in US then? The solution can be, she can go back to Pakistan or some islamic country with her kids, until they finish their education. Husband can visit them once in a year and they can visit him too. but what she is doing is completely worng with the poor kids