I know someone very well who was REALLY IN LOVE with a gori and he went on to marry her and has kids with her now. He did it without even informing his family , I don’t say it was a right thing to do it was definitely wrong but what I am trying to explain you is that when there is a will there is a way. If he was determined and sure of marrying you he would have taken some steps by now.
Leave him & move on. The more time you will spend on him the more you will get hurt. Tell him that you have waited enough and now you can not wait anymore. You are not going to sit around all your life waiting for him. He got plenty of time now no more. Close all contacts with him and look at other opportunities in life.
and one more thing he is not at all CONFUSED. He knows very well what he is doing and what results that will yield. He is just successfully confusing you !