Chicago Mosque Not allowing in Women?

I did not want to start a new discussion in this thread and derail it I will try to the best of my memory

It happened about a decade ago , so my memory is very scratchy about it. He said something like this. If the women are in the same lane/suf or in front of men it will be a fitna/test of the men. It will be hard for them to control their eyes from wandering to steal a glimpse of her.
Someone can argue that men are there to pray not to examine the body of a woman praying in front or beside them. They should keep their gaze low as ordered by Allah. In theory it is a strong argument and good thought . But reality of life is entirely different.

As far as I know in Holy Prophet(SAW) days , men used to be in front kids used to be in the middle and women behind kids.

Sure , sure. For ages Masjids have been non women friendly. Now women are reclaiming Masjid and their place in it , therefore, Masjids will start to become women friendly again.