but we have ruined our generations......

Re: but we have ruined our generations......

Really why can we not just use our common sense and sense of decency to decide whether individually we should or should not work.

Hareem...I too cried when i had to go to work when my daughter was 6 mths old. All mothers do get emotional...nothing unique in your feelings. Unlike you i did not have the option to stop working as i had to help my husband provide for our family...basic needs I am talking of, not luxuries as you and Dawa-i-dil may conclude. You need to thank Allah for your circumstances instead of busying yourself assuming working mums dont know how to raise kids!

Submission to Peace...you told your fiance that if she worked you would be unhappy but would not force her to stay at home....I think this is emotional duress....what do you think she really would have said if you did not indicate your "unhappiness"? Perhaps something to think about. You are starting off a married life, you should have got her honest opinion first.

As for Dawa-i-dil...If and when Inshallah I will be in a position to choose not to work...I would still continue to occupy myself (most likely outside home)...yes outside home either working or volunteering....I trust that has made you cringe!