Are you touchy about your age?

Do you lie about your age when someone asks you or do you confidently tell them how old you really are?

I know a lot of people hide their age…in fact there are many moms I know who teach their kids to lie about their age so they don’t seem that old :nahi:.

What are you views on this concept?

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

I never hide :nahi: but i dont tell very confidently either lol - actually its not the number scary but its the reaction you know you will get from other person e.g. this reaction >> :eek:

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

totally not… Infact I feel sorry for those who do … I think its time we change the impression that younger is better … Every age has its own beautiful feel to it .. and growing older should be graciously accepted without losing the “young at heart” spirit …:@:

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

It’s weird and childish. You need to own up to what and who you are. In this day - your age defines nothing about you

I don’t lie about my age I am proud budhi aunty :jhanda:

I’m 21. :sadiyah:

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

I am 2 ----- <<<< fill in the blanks :silly:

:snooty:

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

i never hide my age.. and my age is 00000000 :@:

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

I’ve worked hard to stay alive for the many years that I have, why would I lie about it.

There were 3 cards to sign in the staffroom today, 3 of the other teachers were turning either 30 or 40. Only 2 of the cards had the numbers on them, and someone accidently wrote ‘Happy 40th’ in the card with no numbers, and now we have to buy a new card, because the teacher turning 40 doesnt want people to know that she is going to be 40. One would think a 40 year would be able to handle a birthday. Crybaby!

220 :hmmm:

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

Exactly as njgal said … age is just a number … and it definitely doesnt define a person.

For those who feel compelled to hide their age , can I just share that , your soul and spirit is what defines your real age .. alot of people will put pressure on you to make you feel old … but being older doesnt mean that you should kill the young spirit in you .. continue to enjoy every moment of your life , wear what ever you like, continue to live life with a spirit and trust you me , you will realize that for every one person mocking you there will be 12 looking upto you and getting inspired by you :hugz: ..

A lady I know , is 55 , she continues to life life to its max, and never listens to people around her and I love her spirit so much … she enjoys good lively clothes, good makeup , good perfumes, good purses, so full of life around people , loves going out , totally rocks :lifey: sets an example for us who kill the spirit a bit too early in life …

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

I hear 30 is the new 20 and the 40 is the new 30…age is just a number to me…its how I feel about myself that matters most.

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

jhoot bolna buree bat

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

I share my real age…but with a bitterness about it…hmm

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

Afro , its kind of caught my interest when you say , you share your real age but with a bitterness … what causes that bitterness ? … is it that you havnt really enjoyed the past years to their maximum potential ? or is it tat you feel left out in a certain group of people? or is it that you feel you will be judged?

This is purely out interest that I am asking this … :hugz:

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

I don’t lie about my age because each one of my years has been filled with experiences that made me who I am. But at the same time, I think it’s in bad taste to ask someone their age. Since age is just a number - why should you need to know someone’s age? The number doesn’t define an individual.

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

hmmmmmm

i dont lie about my age but now i feel a bit … whats the word, bit ashamed. it would have been a different story if i had some achievement under my belt.

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

I tell what age I feel.

SO one day i’m 16, another day 42. :hehe:

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

Errmmm Well, I cant say that im happy about being my age, but I am happy that no one to date has been able to tell my age just by looking at me. Every tells me at least a good five years younger than what Iam. Then when I tell them they quite literally fall of their chairs. I have thought that they might just be saying that to be polite, but I have asked people to be completly honest as I dnt care how old they think I might be and they still say a younger age. So its alright.

Re: Are you touchy about your age?

**Mujhy yeh nahi samjh atti ke jin milney julny ya bat kerny walon se na job ka taqaza hai na rishty ka woh umar kion pochty hain:D
I think ke mujhy aik thread kholna chahey ke AP kisi ki umar ke barey main itney khoji kion hoty hain:hehe: Maqsad kiya hai umar pochny ka???
Main aksar logon ko is ka sahih jwab dyti hon jin ka mujhy andaza hota hai ke apni umar nahi chupaty aur bas hasb-e-adat poch rahy hain
Pakistanion ka mujhy pata hy sirf WOHI UMAR POCHTY HAIN JINHON NE ID CARD aur PROFILE PER GHALAT AUR BUHAT CHUTI UMAR LIKHWAI HOTI HAI:DBara fakhar kerty hain woh apny is karnamey per kion ke ju young hei woh hy aur nazar ata hai osey yeh ehsas-e-kamtri nahi hota ky sab ko khud se bara sabit keron yeh wohi kerty hain ju khud babeyhoty hain aur khud ko bacha sabit kerna chahty hain

**