As a matter of face, I have! I don’t know why I am here. I don’t know why any of us is here. I can wonder about that all my life and never find any answers. Having studied about the Universe, I can honestly tell you, religion only limits your understanding of it by feeding you lies. The universe is incredible, just look through a telescope! The answers do not lie in a book that was written 1400 years ago. Maybe for you, but it certainly fails to answer the very question you have just asked. Does religion tell you what your purpose is in life? It tells you to live in guilt and fear here and then you will go to heaven because you are a believer. That does not answer jack!
Why is it that people always assume that if I haven’t found faith means I haven’t looked hard enough? You have already made up your mind that the only way I will know the “truth” is if somehow I convince myself that religion is true.
Right..we need rules. Religion was a necessary evil before, it helped us back in the old age but now it’s holding us back. We have come up with better ways to prevent crimes that screaming threats of hell fire. People know the difference between good and evil and the consequences of their actions and it is not hell.