4 yr old son addicted to computer games

Well, to tell you the truth - I really hate kids so much that you wouldn’t believe… Just put an infant right next to me at this time, and I and 100% sure that I will end up vomiting (even when traveling, I make sure that I am never seated next to a noisy brat). Anyway, it took some time for me to realize why I hated kids so much - It turned out that I detested them because of what most of our desi mothers make them into.

I remember a younger cousin of mine (girl), who was 6 years old at the time. Anyway, while shopping she very politely and respectfully asked her own mother (my maternal aunt) if she would let her buy some shoes. My aunt very angrily told her no! And she said it in such an ugly way that even my mother was slightly shocked (as well as embarrassed in front of the shopkeeper whom we knew very well)… The little girl then looked at my mother but said nothing - Which prompted my mother to ask her sister why? What’s wrong with those shoes she asked? They are not even costly, so why not let her have them?

Since my aunt had come for a visit with my cousins (and so was living with us), my mother did her best to see to it that everyone had a fun time. Which is why my mother took the side of my little cousin - Which only angered my aunt to an even greater extent!

Anyhow those shoes were not bought, and we moved onto other stuff - But later at my home, I overheard my aunt arguing with my mother. My mother said to her sister that you are being too hard on your little daughter, and that too for no reason. However my aunt said: You still do not get the point do you? I have to exercise my authority over my child! Because if I don’t, then what if one day (when she is all grown up) she bring a man and says that I want to marry him? Which is why I have to show her every step of the way who is boss around here!

To this my mother simply said: You are an idiot for thinking on these lines, as your daughter would have looked very cute in those shoes. But then my aunt told my mother that she right now has a young boy to watch out for (me), while she is the mother of a young girl - So different rules apply…

So you see, we can call it whatever word we like (moderation, disciplining, teaching respect and etcetera) - But what it all actually boils down to are only 2 words: Control Freak.