Congrats and happy anniversary pyarilaila! Planning a wedding can be a nightmare… especially if one has to deal with the finances as well. Many of us are fortunate that our parents take over the finance aspect of it so we dont have the additional stress. I can completly sympathise with your fiance since we all know desi weddings tend to go overboard.
I think its really important for you guys to start with setting a budget. Money can be a difficult thing to talk about but if you deal with it head on, set an amount that you’re comfortable spending on the entire wedding then it will be easy to divide it up from there. I think you’re smart to want to start planning from now. Early planning is the key to keeping within a budget.
I’ve posted a great wedding budget planner on my blog which you can try starting with:
www(dot)inspirationalladdu(dot)wordpress(dot)com > ‘Planning’ Category .
Be honest about how much you want to/NEED TO spend on each item! and then look for bargains, Make sure to enter all items in the planner and then stick to the budget!!
Honestly, sooo much money gets spent on such silly things during a wedding. Wouldnt you rather have that money set aside for a honeymoon or to set up your place … there are so many lasting things you could save up for.
Hope this helps!! Good luck!