Sohaib
July 29, 2010, 8:32pm
135
Saby, I am ok with the first LBW referral but the second ct behind was just a sound and David Llyod without looking at the replay said that he didn’t think it was out.
Yes we all got excited hearing the sound but when we saw the actual replay, the bat was several inches away from the ball.
Now I know there is a difference between watcing in realtime vesus replays, but still one man who gets the best view of such a clear distance between bat and ball is always the wicket keeper. I have been a wicket keeper and at least one thing I can tell you is that wicket keeper can always tell, especially for such straight forward cases, when the ball nicked the bat and when there was enough doubt as the ball was several inches away from the bat.
Fahad, I am a wicketkeeper too and wickeys can tell most of the times.. but not always.. (although this one i agree he could have called) but considering the situation, review was an obvious choice then.