Spock
August 4, 2010, 8:17pm
78
I read your thread and I am dumbfounded yet again. Basically watever I posted as opinions and what I have precieved the country to be runing as you think of that as something so ludicurous that it can not be true where as all you are posting yourself is opinions and nothing more than that.
First of all, you are measuring BB’s patriotism by the amount of close survived which was 1. Musharraf survived two, that doesn’t mean he was more patriotic.
About nawaz sharif, he was not going to be hanged. He was sentenced to life imprisonment. No wanted to kill him. There was enough foreign pressure to keep him alive. After he was sentenced a life imprisonment he cut a deal with the kings and princes in KSA to go there and sign all the papers that he did.
As far as Bhutto senior is concerned, do not get me started there. He became a PM when he wasn’t even elected by a majority and we lost bangladesh on his watch. I was not born then to know enough to say whether he should have been hanged or not but his credentials are not very impressive if you ask me.
Again, if the kargil issue was Musharraf’s brain child then it shows poor leadership on NS’s part who can not control his generals and when we were in a position to actually win that war. He succumbed to the foreign pressure and we were forced to come down from thsoe posts and lost however many soldiers that we did. Again I am assuming that if this plan was Musharraf’s brainchild then he actually wanted to hold to the posts that had a tactical advantage. Maybe?
Again I wasnt’ getting hell bent on the two cases I didn’t know about. I gave you the benefit of the doubt on those that you probably were right there so I don’t really know what the argument there is.
As far as stock exchange and foreign reserves are concerned, as you said you work in TSX and you probably know more about them. From whatever little I know they do show up to a certain level the stability with in the country and how investors (especially foreign) see it as a place for investing their money. In that regard Pakistan was deemed to be a safe place for them to invest their money which resulted in the index being high. High investment usually means more money is there to do business, usualy resulting in more jobs and a stable economy which is vital for any country. Again I am an engieer so I am not entirely sure about economics but this is my understanding of it.
As far as shaukat aziz is concerned, the guy is inifinitismally more qualified than all these other scumbags combined. Again that doesn’t make him any less corrupt or anything. But thats the only prime minister who didn’t actually get kicked out he stepped down instead. Also, the only prime minister who didn’t have any cases filed against him. Atleast you can give him that credit.
Other than that its just your opinion against mine. Since politics is never black and white and usually different shades of gray. So, which gray is lighter and which is darker pretty much rests on opinion and I am sure I can not change your opinion on this forum just as you can’t change mine.
Not to pick on you but your post has tonnes of factual errors. Like for instance Shortcut Aziz didnt step down, his term ended. Also, are you forgetting the illegally acquired lavish farmhouses case against him? There is a reason why he wont visit Pakistan.