Women and Skirts!!!

Bit in bold is definitely true imo, in our culture, altho both are not really allowed Islamically, for some reason it’s considered a lot worse to show legs, even just at home for most families whilst I know a lot of Arab girls who are really really practising and modest outside, wear hijab and abaaya but wear next to nothing (v.short skirts, shorts etc.) when at home with just their family.

My situation is similar to Mixed Beauty’s, my parents (mum more) were funny about me showing my legs even at home when I was 12/13 but now I’m older they’re very relaxed and I don’t really have any ‘rules’, I do wear short skirts in front of them, shorts, swimsuits as well and also outdoors (but not so often). I don’t know many other Pakistani girls who do but I do know quite a few Bengali and Indian Muslim girls who dress that way regularly, I think nowadays their parents tend to be a little less strict..

I also knew an Indian Shia Ismaili girl whose mum would literally wear knee-length skirts every day lol and in those days I thought it was really strange what with her being my mum’s age and apparently religious till I found out they don’t believe in covering like ‘regular’ Sunni Muslims do..