Win2000 Admin Pass Lost

Hi. In my office network. I lost the password for windows 2000 administrator account for one client pc. While I am the one who manage user accounts in the network.

on that client, another user work, but not with admin rights . wid restricted rights…

Is there any way I can get the password or I have to formate the system once again…

I assure that I am not asking this for Hacking purposes.. ]

Re: Win2000 Admin Pass Lost

It is a non domain- but workgroup network...& every user has work with own pc files. sometime we need to share printers & other things so we have established the network.

Re: Win2000 Admin Pass Lost

Easiest way -Reboot the computer - put the Installation CD in Drive & boot from CD & upgrade the current version & at the stage it asks for Key & then Admin password - put in the Admin password & click next & then pull the installation CD out & reboot the machine & login with The admin password you just entered.

Matter Sorted.

If that doesn't work let me know & I'll give u something to sort this problem out.

Re: Win2000 Admin Pass Lost

PM sent

Re: Win2000 Admin Pass Lost

Thanks najim bhai & tofibaba.................still I didnt apply, I apply it today..

Re: Win2000 Admin Pass Lost

look for something called ultimate boot CD or try hiren's boot cd....
hiren's 8.8 is the best i've used....

Re: Win2000 Admin Pass Lost

who hired you as a admin :P

Re: Win2000 Admin Pass Lost

thanks 4 the help brothers...