Why is the burqa being banned in Europe?

No offense, but I don’t need lectures on civil liberties from someone living in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Actually, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I am fully aware of legislation against “indecent exposure”. I am also aware of the fact that those laws are rarely used to prosecute people solely for appearing in public nude, and are generally used for people who expose themselves to others in a sexual manner, or who engage in sexual activity in public.

The university I attended (in a major US city that does have laws against indecent exposure), it was an honored tradition for students to run through campus completely naked together on a particular day every year. Needless to say, no one has ever been prosecuted.

As I already pointed out, the choice to wear a burqa has no impact on the general public. There are a few execptions, and in those cases I think there shouldn’t be any problems with having burqa wearers unveil.

As for secularism, it’s clear that you don’t even understand the concept, and apparently fully support govenment involvement in religious practices.