Just because her friend is into non-desi men…doesn’t mean that the girl in question will also have the same preference. Why doesn’t the guy think, “Well, she picked me…I’m desi…so why should I even be bothered?”
Or is he afraid that associating with this girl will hurt his reputation somehow? He needs to understand that a friend and fiance/husband are 2 completely different relationships…and can’t be compared. That said…it’s also important that one maintain a balance in their relationships…and not give excessive time one whilst completely ignoring the other.
“Oh she’s more important than me?”…“If you go to the party, you can call my mom and back out of the rishta.”…each time he’s posing questions that put her in a situation where SHE’s cornered and has to make a choice…that comes with an unreasonable price. This guy is PATHETIC. His neediness…insecurity…control-freak behavior…is very off-putting. As a mere reader, he annoys me and I don’t even know him…I wonder how the girl feels. She needs to move on.